Friday, April 20, 2018

Interview with Gail Pallotta


Recently, I interviewed author Gail Pallotta.



What is your favorite theme to write about?
Hope and faith. In Breaking Barriers, the book featured today, an anti-Christian group wants to destroy the faith. After a shooting at church, Ann, the main character, and a few other members hang by a thread of hope. They come up with a plan to restore their congregation. Then, other churches who’ve experienced the same loss hear of Ann’s ideas and start a movement.

What made you decide to become a writer?
I’ve enjoyed books and writing as long as I can remember. My first published work appeared in a grammar school newspaper. However, I only thought of writing as an extra-curricular activity until my junior year in college. I joined the school’s first professional writing class. Even though I most wanted to write fiction, I decided then to pursue a career putting out magazines. Now, I’m happy to finally write books.

How/ when did you learn about Christ and become a Christian?
I can’t remember not believing in Christ. My grandfather was a minister, and my father often quoted Scripture, but I formed a relationship with Christ saying prayers with my mother. She first taught me “Now I lay me down to sleep...” and later “The Lord’s Prayer,” but she also showed me how to talk to God, seek His presence, and accept His will, whether His answers were what I hoped for or not.

What is your favorite Bible verse and why?
A passage from Matthew 22, verses 37 - 40. The Sadducees and Pharisees tested Jesus, asking him the greatest commandment in the law. “He replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

They are my favorites because they explain the Gospel in a few words.



Book blurb for Breaking Barriers: Ann Jones forms True Light Guardians to keep her faith safe from the terrorists threatening it. She’s attacked, but rescued by James Crawford. The love inside him seeps into her heart, cold from her father’s abuse. But she narrowly escapes more attempts on her life. Can they save the church and find true love?

Brief Author Bio: Award-winning author Gail Pallotta’s a wife, mom, swimmer and bargain shopper who loves God, beach sunsets and getting together with friends and family. Gail’s a former regional writer of the year for American Christian Writers Association, a 2013 Grace Awards finalist and a 2017 Reader’s Favorite Book Award winner. She’s published five books, poems, short stories and two-hundred articles. Some of her articles appear in anthologies while two are in museums. To learn more about Gail and her books visit her website at https//www.gailpallotta.com and her Amazon author page at amazon.com/author/gailpallotta.

2 comments: