Monday, January 2, 2023

Review of Barking Up the Wrong Tree

Janice Thompson's "Barking Up the Wrong Tree" is a cute cozy mystery with a touch of romance.


Sheltie on front cover



I chose to read this book from NetGalley because I enjoyed the Weddings by Bella series by the same author.

This third book in the Gone to the Dogs series is set in Texas, and the mystery centers around a stolen show dog named Remington. The majority of the cast of characters work at a veterinarian's office. The book kept me guessing until the end. Thompson does a great job with red herrings, characterization, and voice.

While this is the third book in a series, it can be read alone. I hadn't read the other books in the series but am interested in reading them.

One thing I appreciate about Thompson's books are that they are all very upbeat. Also, Thompson included a recipe at the end of the book.

This book would appeal to readers who enjoy cozy mysteries, romance, and/or are dog lovers or whose hobbies include pet rescue, which is a dominant topic in the book.

I obtained a free copy of this book from NetGalley, but I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment