Tuesday, April 19, 2022

Review: The Souls of Lost Lake

In case you weren't aware, Jamie Jo Wright is quite the storyteller. With her latest release, she had me hooked from the start. My favorite part was the subtext between Eddie and Wren. Overall, Eddie was my favorite character. The Souls of Lost Lake is now my favorite book by this author. 

The novel opens with a campfire ghost story about Ava Coons, a woman who supposedly killed her family like Lizzie Borden. Oh yeah, and there's a creepy, mysterious body of water—Lost Lake, and for any LOTR fans, there are plenty of Tolkien references. Are you with me so far? 

So, if it's so creepy, why should you read this? Well, most Jamie Jo Wright fans know things aren't always what they seem in her stories. ;) I won't say more because I don't want to give anything away. 

It's a time slip novel with dual timelines that focuses on Wren Blythe in the present and the infamous Ava Coons in the past. 

If you enjoy suspenseful stories that are a tad creepy, you might like this novel. Not only is it suspenseful, but it includes romance and history, as well as the faith struggles of the main characters. 

The Souls of Lost Lake is available on Amazon. Bethany House is the publisher. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09B2Q86C8/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_XWWENQBKQ7N5K091M637




No comments:

Post a Comment