Friday, May 11, 2018

Interview with Kim McMahill

Recently, I interviewed Kim McMahill.



Which of your books was your favorite to write? Why?

Big Horn Storm was probably the most fun to write because it’s set in the state where I grew up, Wyoming. I was able to draw upon my experiences from that time riding horses, greatly exaggerated of course, to create a contemporary western romantic adventure. There are several scenes which still make me hold my breath every time I read them and I couldn’t have written them without my own fearless palomino.


Which of your characters was/is your favorite? Why?

I’ll always love Niki from Big Horn Storm. Despite a pretty humble childhood she has made the best of life and is fiercely loyal to those she loves. She’s a survivor and never backs down.

What is your favorite theme to write about?

I’ve written nine very different novels, but the common theme is adventure suspense with a dash of romance woven in. There is no greater motivator to test one’s limit than love.  My goal is to take readers on an action-packed adventure to some amazing places. I want to entertain, first and foremost, but also inspire others to explore.

What are your hobbies (besides writing)?

I’m always anxious for spring because gardening is my passion. I also love to follow the exploits of my nieces and nephews which involves lots of sports, explore in the mountains, and travel about anywhere. When the weather keeps me indoors I enjoy reading and tackling tough jigsaw puzzles.


Blurb from A Dose of Danger (Book 1 in the Risky Research Series):

When researcher Grace Talbot and her team discover a possible solution for weight loss they are targeted by a group dedicated to controlling a diet product industry worth billions. Her unsanctioned testing methods bring tragedy to the family ranch and the attention of the local sheriff’s deputy. With her colleagues either dead, missing, or on the run she soon realizes she must trust the deputy with her life, but can she trust him with her heart?

Other Books by Kim McMahill:

Marked In Mexico
Big Horn Storm
Shrouded in Secrets
Deadly Exodus
A Taste of Tragedy (Book 2 in the Risky Research Series)
A Foundation of Fear (Book 3 in the Risky Research Series coming soon!)



1 comment:

  1. Heidi, thanks for having me on your awesome blog. Hope you and all your readers are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete