Saturday, March 3, 2018

Interview with Kristen Joy Wilks

Recently I interviewed Kristen Joy Wilks.

author Kristen Joy Wilks

If you had unlimited time and money, where would you travel? 

If I had unlimited time and money ... I would want to go to either Chichen Itza on the Yucatan peninsula in Mexico, the ruins of Nineveh in Mosul Iraq, or to Ireland for a long castle tour. The first two locations were researched for books and the last just sounds so fun. Way back in the day, my family came to the U.S. from Ireland so it would be special to see that area. 

How many books have you written? 

I have written twelve books, but only three of them are published with one more due to be published in June of this year. The first book that was published was my fourth manuscript. I learned a lot writing those first three and it showed in that fourth story. 

What is your favorite book of the Bible? 

As far as my favorite book of the Bible, I love the book of Job. When I set out to start reading the Bible as a girl, I asked my mom where to start and she said "Anywhere, but Job. What about John." I immediately rushed out to read the book of Job. It is a long and difficult book but holds such depth for times of hurt and confusion. Does God still care when everything is going wrong? The book of Job is actually in epic poem that addresses this question. Like Job, I have found comfort in the knowledge that God is creative and powerful, we do not know all of the story of what is going on around us, and that God does indeed love us. 

Athens Ambuscade


Trailer for Athens Ambuscade: https://youtu.be/8pxgdimJrNI 

Blurb for Athens Ambuscade: 

What happens when a strapped-for-cash bridal designer needs a stuffed animal...and fast? Up-and-coming bridal designer, Jacqueline Gianakos must fly a Montana taxidermist to Greece in order to stuff her Grandmother’s cat. If Chrysanthemum isn’t preserved within two days' time, Jacqueline will lose the home that was her childhood sanctuary. But will she survive the next 48 hours when the taxidermist ignores her pointed request and then shows up wearing flannel?

Other books By Kristen Joy Wilks:

Copenhagen Covenage

The Volk Advent

1 comment:

  1. A castle tour in Ireland sounds amazing to me, too! I'd love to go tour around Italy. Wishing you all the best with your books!

    ReplyDelete